Monday, December 8, 2014

Living on One Dollar: The Promise of Good Stories

 Living on One Dollar: The Promise of Good Stories The big shift for me occurred when I started volunteering on the things I cared about after my day job was over. With 24 hours in each day, even an extra hour a day on something that wasn’t a financial motivator, but made my heart beat harder, became crucial and addictive. When the dollar sign is not involved as your main driver, clutter is removed and your purpose becomes very clear; it becomes easy to recognize what gives you energy and what takes it away. I also realized very quickly what I actually enjoyed doing, and was happy to do it for free.Now when I hear the term “giving is living,” I no longer see it as a cliche. I didn’t start living my “new life” until I started giving and asking nothing in return. Volunteering will change the way you see your professional career, your personal life and your long term goals, I promise you that.Excellance is an art won by training and habituation,we do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence but we rather have 

No comments:

Post a Comment